Sunday, June 20, 2010

Shout out to Gram T :)

I really don't have very much to report from the week. It was a typical week in the life of Megan. I also didn't do anything too exciting this weekend. But I know Gram makes her weekly trips next door to read my blog, so Gram, this update is for you. I miss you and love you!
Love you

Rumor has it, someone thinks I get "lost" too much. Well, I will have you know I haven't been lost since my 2nd weekend in Korea when I had the taxi fiasco. I have been very good on getting myself around! On Tuesday I took a cab to Danielle's area to get a phone/phone plan. I got a good deal and then we had a delicious dinner. I couldn't get my phone right away though, because the guy (who is Danielle's friend) didn't have enough time to put the phone in my name and such. So, on Wednesday she made her way to my area to deliver my phone. On her way home she decided to try the bus, which turned out successful. So, now instead of paying 20,000 won to her place and back to mine (roughly $18 round trip) it will cost us $1. yay!

On Saturday, Megan made her way to Ilgok. She had some taxi trouble at first and had to find a new taxi driver. The 2nd taxi she was in, still didn't understand where she wanted to go. She ended up calling me and asking if I could tell the guy where I live. So, in my best attempt at Korean I said Annyeong haseyo (means hello), Eel gok dong mart uh mart uh." He responded with an "ooooh Eel gok dong!" I said ne (which means yes) and then he started saying other things in Korean. Unfortunately, right now thats all I can manage so we hung up. 15 minutes later Megan was in my area! We got lunch and walked around for a little bit. Danielle called and said they were headed downtown and that we should join. So, we jumped on the bus in an attempt to get downtown. Once again, a bus success! We took bus 7, but I realized 56 was a much better choice, which is the bus I took home.
Meg and I in front of the jewelry store

We met up with Danielle and our other friends and headed to Arts Street. There is a fabulous store with handmade jewelry that Kelsey has been wanting to go in for months, but it is never open. Luckily on Saturday, it was open. It was super tiny but we squeezed in and were so overwhelmed with tons of jewelry choices, all of which were amazing! We spent quite a bit of time in there and finally made purchases. I seriously love that place and also love the jewelry I picked out for myself!

My new necklace and ring!

Another picture of the necklace and ring

Kelsey's new ring is the one on the thumb with the blue nail. Danielle has 2 new rings (one like mine) she has the red, white and blue nails. My hand is under theirs.

After our win at the handmade jewelry store we decided to get a drink and some food. There is this restaurant called the First Alleyway. It is owned by a foreigner and has wonderful food choices like: baked mac and cheese, tacos (very good tacos at that), pierogies, toasted cheese, and many more choices. After a drink and tacos, we visited the Underground store right next to it. This places carries things from home, like Honey Nut Cheerios, Granola bars, pasta sauces, taco seasoning, bacon, pierogies, CHEESE!, chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, nutella. I bought cheese, I hate processed cheese and this was a block of cheese. While it was very pricey ($13 for 2 lbs) it is pretty worth it! The Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies were really good too. I have been craving some sweets, I bought a box of cookies last week. The were Korea's attempt at a cookie and it was nasty. I decided to give them to my last class, so it was nice to have good cookies (although, they don't compare to mom's homemade cookies!) Unfortunately, they only carry Skippy peanut butter. I'm a JIF girl, but I guess I'll have to change for the sake of having peanut butter!

me, Danielle, Kelsey and Megan with our tacos

I stayed in on Saturday night watching movies and searching for flights to vacation spots. Sunday was another lazy day too. It's been so stinkin hot outside that once you walk out the door, you are sweating. I made my way to Danielle's to return some of her things. We had an early dinner together and then I headed home. Not much excitement this week. But I guess I don't need to be going crazy every week :)

I learned to write my name in Hangul... Megan Lyn Mincemoyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment