Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Urban Dictionary

Most of you probably don't understand my most recent post and the frustration I went through. I think Urban Dictionary has the best example. It's completely true and spot on for every point.



So, the last part in italics is funny, about having to teach a book that isn't in English. My boss decided to start a new class for me to teach. It is a writing and grammar class. I can handle that, easy enough. Except... the book was made in Korea. Therefore, there are so many grammatical errors! I'm constantly scribbling out words here and there. Changing words to fit properly or whole sentences. The best part of the book, the translating part from Korean to English. Or even the explanations in Korean. So, I'll be teaching and have to skip several pages until it gets to English. And then when the kids are doing the translating part, they will be confused and ask me for help. They laugh at me when I zone out and they are trying to get help, but really? How much help can I be for this? None at all. They give me a few words and I make up a sentence and they never know. Honestly, its a brilliant idea for me to teach them a Korean book.

Tomorrow I am venturing out for my first hair cut. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment