Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

On Thursday on my way to school I ran into the high school English teacher. For weeks we've been trying to get coffee after school is over, but every time we make plans she gets to go home early. Thursday we discussed coffee plans on the bus. I sat down at my computer and began finding things to occupy me for the day. Around 10:30 my friend walked in with her things. I started laughing and she just smiled and said, I guess making plans with you helps me get out of school early. We had a little chat and my co-teacher walked into the office. He shook her hand and said hi to her and then asked her plan. She took the opportunity to say the high school let her out early and I should be able to go too so we could get coffee. His facial expression was hilarious. I think he was shocked that he just kept saying "yes go early, yes go ahead!" I made sure he was okay with it and he just kept staring at her, shocked, saying yes. I quickly gathered my things (and in the process forgot things behind...oops!) My principal then walked in. He had already said his goodbye's to my friend. So he began giving me the same speech. Have a great vacation, be safe, enjoy your time off, Happy New Year and ended with... please take tomorrow off, too! Clearly this has been an awesome start to my month long vacation.

I spent Thursday cleaning my apartment in preparation for my vacation. I then headed to Gwangju in the evening to have a movie night with a good friend. We ended up watching 4 movies, which seems a little crazy now but at the time we weren't tired so we just kept watching. On Friday we met up with 2 other friends to see, yes you guessed it, another movie. We watched Sherlock Holmes 2, it was a really good movie!

I came back to my apartment so I can get as much rest as possible since I won't be sleeping in my bed for the next 2 nights... or a bed at all! I will head to Gwangju this evening to ring in the new year with all of my friends (well the ones who are here and not on vacation). On Sunday I'll make my way back to Naju to rest up for the day and make sure I have everything for my trip. Then I'll head back to Gwangju. I'm going to have dinner with a friend and wait for my bus to Incheon airport. My bus leaves at 2 am. My flight to Shanhai leaves at 9 am and I'll be to Singapore by 6:30 pm. I'm so excited and hoping that it won't be storming for my week there!!

Happy New Year everyone. New post after vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment