Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teacher's Day

May has a lot of random holidays here in Korea. At the beginning of the month is Children's day, followed by parent's day and then, the best one, Teacher's Day. Yesterday was Teacher's Day and I was at my favorite school, Bannam. The students at Bannam are so sweet, respectful and fun! I absolutely love teaching them and by far my favorite grade is the 2nd graders. They are so excited to see me and talk to me. They aren't shy and always are filled with energy and giggles. It makes me so happy to see them. The other teacher's can tell that they are my favorite class, but it honestly has to do with the fact that they go out of their way to talk to me, give me hugs and always ask how I am. 3 of my 2nd graders (the boys) gave me cards and they were super cute. They were as simple as cutting out hearts and writing "Megan teacher card. I love you" to one that said "today is teacher's day, congratulations!" and the last (from the smartest boy in the class) "To Megan, my name is Your. Yesterday you made us zucchini bread, it was very delicious. Thank you. You are my best teacher. Goodbye!"

The 2nd grade students gave their homeroom teacher, Ms. No, lillies. They were really beautiful. She decided to give them to me from the students cause she knows I love them. We had a half day for Teacher's Day and all the teacher's went together to walk around a lake and have tea. On the way over, Ms. No said to me. "Megan, you know the 2nd grade students love you. They really do. I'm their homeroom teacher, but you are their favorite teacher. I'm jealous." haha. The walk around the lake was really beautiful. It's always nice to hang out with the teacher's. They are super friendly (they're friendly at my other school, but we don't do activities like Bannam). After the walk we went to get some drinks. I was just going to order lemonade, but all the teachers looked at me and said "no, something more expensive!!" So I changed to a strawberry smoothie.

A pretty great day with my favorite school!

No comments:

Post a Comment