It's officially my last day of desk warming. The oh-so-fun job of sitting at the computer, doing whatever I want for a full 8 hours. Fulfilling my duty of being at school after my month long vacation. It's been boring and honestly doesn't make sense why I'm here. The teachers/staff are always surprised when they walk in the room and see me. Everyday for the past month, the same response "OH! Megan?" Yep, it's me, just sitting here. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not complaining. I've quite enjoyed being paid to do nothing. For the past month I have been teaching, 2 students, 3 hours every morning. It's been fun. I had 2 girl students, who are really very smart and entertaining. There was a lot of conversations, which is exactly what they need to practice, tv show watching (hey it was in English!), food making (they taught me to make kimbap, directions in English). Yesterday my one student spent 30 minute talking about boys. It was really funny, she's always sad that she doesn't have a boyfriend (join the club, sweetheart!) I posted on my facebook status that I was enjoying listening to her talk about boys and how giddy she was about it. My former Middle School English teacher commented about how she remembers me and my friends doing the same. haha
I will miss leaving school for 2 hours to go home, take a nap, eat lunch and watch some tv before heading back to school to do my duty of keeping this desk warm. I'll miss quietly walking out of the office and going home whenever I want for the day, especially on absolutely gorgeous days, like today!! It's been nice getting lunch whenever I want, packing a lunch, going out for lunch or even whatever teacher (usually Mr. Han) buying me delicious meals.
I am, however, excited for school to start again. I miss the teachers/students at my country school. I've been trying to meet up with the one teacher, Ms. No. But it hasn't worked out that I have free time when she does. She called me last week and told me to not show up for school and meet her in Gwangju. On Monday, I showed up for school and was surprised to see all the teachers coming into school. We ended up going for lunch in Naju, all the staff and teachers were there. There are 4 new teachers at my school. I will now have 2 new co-teachers. I'm excited for the new teacher at Geumcheon. I got along with Mr. Kim, but he was a terrible teacher. The new teacher, Mr. Roh, seems very kind and like he'll be a decent teacher. I'm not excited that my country school English teacher, Mrs. Im has moved to a new school. She spoke excellent English and was really friendly, plus she gave me rides to and from school. Guess I'll be riding the bus and getting up early on Mondays/Tuesdays. However, I believe the other teachers will give me a ride home, which will be nice.
Well, it's a beautiful day and I've wasted enough desk warming. Time to escape. Keep it real, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment