Monday she kept waltzing into my classrooms and telling me how to do things and what to do. I mean, okay its "her" school or whatever. But you hired me, let me do my job. It was really irritating for me. I mean, I play games with the kids. I have fun with them. I get the work done. She walks in when they are in the middle of something like reading or writing. "More conversation try" she'll say. Yes lady, I'm getting there. But if you haven't noticed, these kids still don't grasp how to have a conversation... let alone write a freaking sentence! The also don't listen. So, I can pretty much spoon feed them an answer and they still won't know what to do with it.
Today she walked into my kinder class and told me that I need to have more fun with the kids and make them repeat things more. They were in the middle of coloring. Do you really think they will listen to me if I take the crayons away BEFORE they are finished coloring? Hell no! They beg me everyday to color. They love it and then I end class by playing hangman. She walks in at the worst times.
My last pet peeve about the woman.... she teaches phonics to these kids. The lady doesn't speak english. She teaches kids to drop the "s" off of words. So they will be reading a sentence like "She gets up at 6:00" and the 's' will be crossed out so they will read "get" and the way she tells them to pronounce things. ugh! Let the foreigners teach phonics PLEASE!
So, Tuesdays and Thursdays I teach this one "backpack" (its the book name) class. It's Dan's class, all boys. Obviously they give him respect because they are terrified of him. I mean, he can pick kids up and carry them out of the room. They don't give a crap about me. It's annoying. They don't listen or care. So, Tuesday the one boy flicked someone else off. I whacked him good and I think everyone was shocked to see it. Then 2 boys kept playing with their pencil box, so I took it. And then I was doing conversations and they boys were both in tears, bawling. I mean, it was great. I also made one of my kinders cry. She is so whiny and bratty, I couldn't take it.
These are the times I am grateful for having such a great co-worker who is right there with me! And also for a nice long walk home, that involves lots of venting which kind of helps.
Despite this venting, I totally like my job. I mean, I have the bratty kids, the jerks, the kids that don't care and then the cute kids. It's quite a mixture. It's frustrating most of the time. It's rewarding. It's entertaining. It's a job.
Hell, I'm living in Korea. 5 days of frustration isn't so bad! The new friendships, the adventures, the new life and new culture outweigh the frustration of my job!
No comments:
Post a Comment