Friday, May 14, 2010

Teacher, you have barbie hair!

I didn't update yesterday, but nothing really that exciting happened. Other than the episode at the grocery store. Some crazy lunatic walks around with a walking stick shouting and such. Last week he passed my coworker and I, looked at us pointed and screamed things. Yesterday he was in the grocery store slamming his stick and screaming. Let's just say, he was none to happy to see me. More yelling and slamming of the stick followed and death glares. I escaped through the side door, unscathed. But, it was kind of scary!
Saturday is Teacher's Day in Korea. A great holiday were kids bring us lots of presents and food. Seriously, this should be a weekly holiday! So, we got to school in the morning (by we, I mean my co-worker Dan and I). A few of the kinders had brought presents in for us. One of the adorable little girls brought cake in. So we had some cake, the sweet potato cake was actually tasty! And then we got a few presents from the other kids. Like these super adorable cards that they wrote "Thank you I love you" on the inside. >
Present's from my students! :)

So, after the kids gave us the presents and we got some pictures we took the kinders to the Children's Museum. It was really cute and there were lots of adorable little Korean children. Luckily, our children were pretty good and I got to talk to Clara teacher (the Korean co-teacher) more which was great! She is a fun girl! So, after 2 hours or less there we headed back to school for lunch. I never really know what I'm eating, I do like the radish like thing and yesterday's curry was UH-MAZING! So, there was a bowl of little black things and I just thought maybe it was veggies, I like veggies. So, I took a little and it wasn't bad, so I took a little more.... and then, I realized it had eyes and it was dried fish. gah, that ruined it for me, I couldn't take it. Luckily, there was leftover curry which I was more than happy to eat.

The afternoon classes were normal, I had some good and others that I just hate. But, I was easier on them since it was a friday and they get enough schooling as it is. I played a few games in some classes and gave some candy out. Usually around the time I have my headway class is when my director gets snacks out for us, so they have free time when I get to have some snacks. I played a game in my ETR 3 class, they seemed to enjoy it. The boys punch each other a lot when they lose. haha.

I had 4 students that I do "Times" with them, which is just having them read an article and answer questions. There are 2 younger kids in there that are slower and then 2 other students. Mary, who is my favorite is pretty smart. She is a sweet girl. I usually don't make her read as much as the other 3 because I know she can do it and if she pays attention she answers all the questions. Wednesday she played with my watch while the other kids tried to understanding my article. Today, she finished her questions really fast and started playing with my hair. She looks at me and says, "Teacher you have small face. Grace says its cute!" So, a little later she is still touching my hair and says "Teacher, you have barbie hair!" And thats when all the kids had to run over and touch it. haha. funny kids.

My other Korean co-teacher Sarah, who is having a baby next week (C-Section on Thursday) brought her other son into work at the end of the day. Talk about adorable! He definitely wasn't shy and would come up and show me his pictures and say "bye!" haha.

My co-teacher Dan, has been teaching me how to get back home so I won't have another fiasco like last weekend. Let's hope what he taught me stuck and I can get myself home if I go out :)

Dan and the kids rocking the kimchi squat at the Children's Museum

Samuel and I

Iris and Brenda at the museum



No comments:

Post a Comment